Major: International Economic Relations
I am fond of chocolates, flowers, friends, loud music, watching movies, taking pictures and traveling!!!
Your Program Runner
Before you decide on a study abroad program sponsor, you should identify what is the relationship between your home college and the international program, and what is the most important – who is in charge of everything and who will help you in case you need assistance.
There are five most common types of study abroad program sponsors, which can be arranged due to the kind of the relationship they have with your home institution staff.
Types of program sponsors:
1. Home university owned and operated. Home university or college usually operates facilities and programs in your host country if they were extensions of its home country campus. It hires a part or the whole of a program’s academic staff and controls all or just some of a program facilities and operations there.
2. Home University partnership. There is a cooperation agreement or arrangement between home university and the one abroad. This allows your home university to send its students on programs operated by its partner.
3. Independent student. This is a type of program, when a student looks for a program and enrolls in it independently of its college. In some cases a student may remain enrolled at his home university using his/her financial aid. In other cases, students will be required to take a leave of absence. Upon return, students sometimes can, sometimes no, to receive credit for study completed while being abroad.
4. Individual Faculty/Staff study and travel Program. Members of faulty/staff from your home university campus accompanies some students for many of the short-term and summer programs.
5. Combined program. There are many study abroad programs, which are a combination of the four mentioned above types of programs. For example, your home college may run an administrative office in the destination country, whereas courses and housing may be provided by a foreign
Return to the topics list