Major: International Economic Relations
I am fond of chocolates, flowers, friends, loud music, watching movies, taking pictures and traveling!!!
Mobile Phone Connection in the USA
Have you heard that the US mobile phone companies use technologies that differ from most of the rest of the world, including Europe, Asia, Africa, Austria and New Zealand? This means that your mobile phone won’t work there. Buying a mobile phone pack is a simple way of keeping your call and text costs down when you are living in the USA.
Mobile phone plans in the USA have some peculiarities and you should think over taking some sensible precautions to avoid huge bills. Consider such tips:
- Your account is thought to be inactive when you have no call credit; you can not receive calls or sms’ when you have no credit.
- Many mobile phone plans suppose you to pay for incoming calls. For the international call you will be charged the local rate.
- Allow your fingers to do talking. The most economical way to stay in touch from your mobile phone is texts and emails.
- Check either you are covered. No US mobile network covers the whole country. According to the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association, there are over 180 facilities-based wireless providers in the United States. The five larges (in order of subscribers) are Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint Nextel Corporation, T-Mobile USA and TracFone Wireless. None of them provides more than 90% of the US population coverage.
- Tell people back home to send messages from your mobile company website. It is free for them. Just tell them to be short and sweet as you can get only 160 symbols like a text.
- Inside the country the talk is cheap, but not if you dial international. Use special phone cards for international calls. You can find cards for most countries with the rate as low as 2c per minute.
One more thing you should know about US mobile field is a prepaid mobile phone. It can also be called pay-as-you-go or prepaid wireless). It is a mobile phone for which service is purchased in advance of use. The user can access a mobile phone network without ongoing billing, by purchasing credit to use on a mobile phone network. The alternative billing method is the post-paid mobile phone, where a user enters a long term billing arrangement with a mobile network operator.
Return to the topics list